Friday, April 30, 2010

{Real Party} Meet the Puppy Party

I am such an avid dog lover, and the idea of throwing a party to welcome a new puppy to the family is one of the most creative and unique party ideas I have come across in a long time. Truly dogs are such loyal companions and become part of your family, so why not welcome them with a party much like you would shower any new baby!

I found this adorable party inspiration on Half-Baked, but the entire party, as well as links to all of Kristy's resources for the dog bone & paw print edible cupcake decorations, etc. can be found on the original hostess' blog Posh Pixel Designs Studio.

The decor featured a chocolate brown, baby blue and lime green color palette. Kristy's mom made gourmet doggie treats as favors, and filled apothecary jars with doggie treats and bones to keep with the theme. There were yummy treats for the human guests as well, and Kristy did a great job of labeling which treats were "for the puppy" to avoid confusion!

Let me know if you are "expecting" a new member of your family, or even want to celebrate a milestone birthday - I would love to put one of these charming parties!




0 comments: