I love looking through inspiring party blogs and one theme that I have run across that I
have absolutely fallen in love with is the Slumber Party Table. I can't imagine a more enchanting evening for a group of little girls than to start off a slumber party in this fashion!
I found some images and creative ideas that I've pulled together and couldn't wait to share
with you! Of course you will have to check back for a blog post once I have the opportunity
to plan one of these adorable parties myself!
I found this shabby chic slumber party table on A Little Lovliness' blog. Melissa
simply turned her dining room table toward the wall and propped pillows against the
mirror to create the "headboard".

Then she topped the table with extra linens and instead of using a chair she slid an ottoman at the foot of the table. I think one of the most creative and darling ideas Melissa incorporated, was that each girl found a gift at her place setting - coordinated pajamas that Melissa had made for all the girls!
This next party was a REAL PARTY featured on Hostess with the Mostess created by Giggle Dust Parties. She designed the bed from two twin comforters that were sewn together to act as a tablecloth. She used a coordinating sheet set for the pillow cover and bed sheets that were visible at the head of the table. She hand sewed the napkins from material found at a local fabric store. How awesome too - that her hubby custom made the headboard and footboard!!

Over on Real Simple, of course, one of my favorite contributors Jennifer Sbranti
posted another adorable slumber party theme idea.
Jenn used standard banquet-style tables and made them to look like beds. You can use patterned sheets, duvets, or tableclothes in any style or color scheme to act as the "bedspread", then top everything off with a pillows, stuffed animals, story books and your place settings!









0 comments:
Post a Comment