Starting my party planning blog has been something that I have put off doing...far too long. The truth is that I love blogging, I have a personal blog and one for my daughter, but somehow felt so much pressure that the business blog had to be perfect to even start (see you are already seeing the perfectionist in me) =) I figured with consultations, phone calls, voice mails, emails, text messages, existing blogs, websites, facebook and twitter it seemed like one more thing to get behind on and create guilt. I've since come to understand and appreciate the immeasurable value a blog has for a planner/designer, as well as her readers.
My mission statement has always been that "event planning is not just an occupation, it is an entire lifestyle where one enjoys the very essence of entertaining, celebrating, relationships and romance." I love entertaining. I love planning and hosting parties, I love detail and I love creating memories that my clients and their guests will remember for a lifetime. I love making people feel special. It's what I do...and who I am.
So I thought a lot about my blog, how I wanted to structure it, and what I wanted to communicate to my friends, colleagues, clients and future clients. I knew that it would not be possible to post each and every event I plan. Since I am involved in important and often intimate celebrations in people's lives, they are often too personal, or too private to post publicly on a blog. I knew I also had to respect client confidentiality.
That's when I decided that I would post when I feel inspired. I love so much about the hospitality and entertaining industry and am inspired by so much around me.
I hope you will enjoy a glimpse into my life and the joy that comes from being able to do what I love and share it with you.







0 comments:
Post a Comment