Thursday, June 17, 2010

{Real Party} Snowflake Ballerina Party

In keeping with my ballet-inspired ideas this weekend, I found this sweet ballerina

I love the idea of ribbons, snowflakes and ballerinas hanging from the heavens (or at least the ceiling). Glory had her husband make a light weight wooden frame that she hung from the ceiling with Command Adhesive hooks. Then she used a variety widths and types of ribbons, snowflake ornaments (from the dollar store) and ballerina sillhouettes made from cardstock on a Cricut machine and fastened them to the frame.

The invitations her hand made by Glory ~

The pale pink skirts tied around each chair were custom made for the party, and acted
as both decorations and favors.

The first party activity was for the girls to decorate snowflake cookies ~

I'll post a link to the bodice template and the DIY tutorial in tomorrow's post on how to make these adorable cupcake toppers at home. Aren't they so cute?!!

The grand finale of the party was a private ballet lesson (given by the birthday girl's regular ballet teacher)!

1 comments:

Genevieve Richer said...

SO BEAUTIFUL! Love all the pretty ribbons!