I am in love with creating theme parties based on beloved children's books...
and was delighted when I found this inspiration board via Terra Bailey Photography

We were recently introduced to the delightful Fancy Nancy book series by my dear
friend, Andrea Rytky. It is nearly impossible not to fall in love with the wonderfully
written and creative adventures of Fancy Nancy.
So as with everything in my life, I look to every new experience as inspiration for a theme party, and after reading the first book (which was a birthday gift from Andrea to my daughter)
I find it hard to resist the urge to add a little more Extravagance to our life and celebrate in a Spectacular way by dolling up and doing a party Fancy Nancy style!!
To transform any plain party into an Exquisite (a fancy name for fancy) Soiree -
I would begin with a big Glamorous invitation..
Then splash a color palette of Fuchsia (a fancy word for pink with a tinge of purple)
to the tablescape and party decor, and add some Scrumptious (a fancy word for delicious)
tasty treats; and Noble (another word for posh) tiaras.
As all the little Fancy Nancy attendees arrive they would be read some of the Fancy
Nancy books; play pin the jewel on the tiara; attend charm school where they learn to
curtsy, to walk with proper posture with books on their heads, to drink with their pinkie fingers lifted and learn some fancy vocabulary and French words.
Next your little guests could be escorted into the Posh Pampering Salon for their
manicures and make-up consisting of coordinating finger nail polish and lip gloss.
Once the girls are all dolled up they are set to enjoy a fancy luncheon and tasty treats!!
Oh, how I love planning parties.
Click here for more your guide to hosting your own Fancy Nancy party; included are reproducible event invitations, costume ideas, story hour props and many more ideas to explore, play and party with Fancy Nancy!







0 comments:
Post a Comment