Thursday, August 12, 2010

REAL PARTIES: A Sweet Pink Lemonade 1st Birthday

How can this sweet Pink Lemonade 1st Birthday Party not make you smile?! =)

Found on Eat Drink Pretty's blog, I headed over to blog of the mom (and planner) of
this adorable party, and believe me when I saw there are so many more fun DIY details
and photos on Pam's blog than I could possibly post here. One of the things I love most
about parties like these, is that every single detail was DIY by Pam and the whole party
was done on a budget. I love to show my readers that you CAN have darling theme parties
with just a little inspiration and DIY creativity!

Way to go Pam!!

Pam custom designed the invitations and even took the photo herself ~ she estimates
the cost to be about .40 cents per invitation!

Pam took a cake decorating class the month before the party and homemade this darling
cake, including making the lemon toppers out of fondant! Wow!

This sweet scalloped garland was made from 4 sheets of scrapbook paper from a local
craft store ~ about .35 cents each.

And here is my favorite DIY detail...Pam used a crate from Michaels ($5.99 after
sheused a 40% of coupon) and some wood from Home Depot (about $4.00). The pink
paint isfrom Sherwin Williams in a "sample" size for $4.80 and cups from the dollar
store (4 cupsfor $1.00)!

You will just have to go over and check out all the pink and yellow yumminess and the
secret to Pam's success directly on her blog!

0 comments: